Thursday, October 6, 2011

hot like fire

Relaxing to : "Hot Like Fire" - The XX

I hope you've all listened to The XX before, otherwise you're in for a treat! This indie pop band is from London, made up of Romy Madley Croft ( vocals & guitar) , Oliver Sim (vocals & bass) and Jamie Smith (beats). The soft beats in their work seems hypnotizing especially paired with the vocals. They create the perfect tunes to soothe you on a gloomy day, which was yesterday for me.

"Hot like Fire" is a cover song originally done by Aaliyah, but It's barely recognizable as a cover besides the lyrics. The song was written by Timbaland and Missy Elliot. Missy Elliot also has vocals on the original track. I enjoy the fact that this cover is taken in a completely different direction so It is not stepping on the original, It's more like an ode to the late Aaliyah. 

Some other great songs by The XX include : Intro, Crystalized, Islands, Heart Skipped a Beat, Stars and Night Time.




The song is an ironic twist to my outfit and this day, the lyrics "you're hotter then a summers day in Southern California" makes me miss those days. As much as I love cold days to bundle up in sweaters, I'm not a fan of the rain when I can't stay inside all day. I had errands and work yesterday so unfortunately these new favorite shoes of mine didn't stay on long, in fear of ruining them when It started to rain.


These Michael Antonio leopard booties are all that I've been looking for and more! First of all I love short boots (booties) in wedge form... but these are leopard print! and to top It all off a bow! I can't wait to wear these babies more :) As far as clothing I wore black shorts with black tights underneath, the perfect solution when you're unsure about the weather in store for the day. 



Who said friendship necklaces have to be corny with a broken heart, one "Best" & the other "Friends". The short gold dipped infinity necklace made by Dogeared is now my favorite piece of jewelry, and my best friend Maryam has a matching one :) 

Hat- Ragz Dressware
Sweater- Ragz Dressware
Shorts- Ragz Dressware
Tights- Target
Jewelry- Dogeared, The Beat & Forever 21
Shoes - Michael Antonio from The Beat







3 comments:

  1. Wow gorgeous shoes! They are so pretty!! Great outfit! :)

    http://callmemaddie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just looking at some similar to these on Macys.com. Wasn't brave enough to buy them though;) Super cute Kelly.

    ReplyDelete